PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: GCI ULTRA-1000 is a fluid applied, single component, polymer modified asphalt emulsion. It is a heavy bodied polymer modified asphalt protective coating, which forms a dried film that is a smooth, tough, rubber membrane. It resists penetration of water and will not become brittle at low temperatures. The durable film bonds tightly to most clean and firm surfaces.
GCI ULTRA-1000 is a fortified elastomeric membrane, which can be applied over any substrate. Its permanent elasticity allows it to move with created expansion and contraction of wall surfaces. Product will not become brittle, evaporate or lose its waterproofing ability.
USE: Recommended for waterproofing basement walls, and can be applied over most any type of wall, poured concrete or parged masonry
1. The walls and footings must be of sufficient strength and design to ensure structural integrity. Mortar joints must cure a minimum of 16 hours before product application.
2. Remove dirt and debris from the footings and walls with a stiff brush or broom. Scrape any debris from the walls and footings with a metal scraper. Do not apply waterproofing materials over standing water or when rain is imminent.
3. Repair any cracks in excess of 1/16th inch along the footings or in the wall surface and all honeycombed surfaces with a non-shrinking grout.
4. Fill voids around tie holes, recessed ties and other small voids with a quality asphalt plastic cement or a suitable cementitious repair material.
5. GCI ULTRA-1000 can be spray-applied over damp or green concrete. However, this product must not be applied over standing water or a water film, or over ice or snow.
Total solids: 62% +/- 2%
Wt./Gal.: 8.1 +/- .3 lbs.
Application Temperature: 20˚F and above
Appearance, Dry Film: Glossy black, smooth, free from checks and cracks
Shelf Life: Remains satisfactory in closed air tight container for one year.
Coverage: 25 to 35 square feet per gallon
Drying time @ 70˚F: Touch in 4 hours & firm in 24 hours.
APPLICATION: Product can be applied to surfaces down to 20oF ambient air temperatures. Material temperature at application must be between 130oF and 150oF. Do not exceed 165oF. To ensure proper temperature at the spray gun, insulate the lines and the pump housing of the spray apparatus. When spraying below 50oF, ambient temperature, it is highly recommended to have your equipment and material enclosed in a heated compartment. Spray in a pressure range between 1,300-2,000 pounds per square inch (psi). For best results, use a 0.35” to 0.39” spray tip. Product must be applied to a minimum of 60 mils wet. This will cure to a dry film thickness of 40 mils. Use a wet film mil gauge to ensure proper application thickness. For poured concrete walls, a maximum coverage rate of 25 ft/per gallon will yield the desired wet mil thickness at application. For best results, apply using a two-coat technique. Spray the first tack coat horizontally along the entire length of the wall. Spray the second coverage coat vertically to the required wet mil thickness. This technique will help to optimize the coverage rate and ensure a uniform mil thickness.
CURING and BACKFILLING: Foundations to be coated with GCI ULTRA 1000 should be allowed to cure at least 24 to 48 hours, or longer if ambient temperatures are below 45oF and/or if humidity is 80% RH or above. Make sure the membrane is cured before installing drain tile and gravel (unless the membrane is protected by foundation board at least 24 inches up from the footer) and backfilling. Use clean fill materials for backfilling. Avoid backfilling with sharp, angular rocks, any rocks bigger than a softball, and any materials that may puncture the waterproofing membrane.
ADVANTAGES: Can be spray applied to any desired thickness; Permanent elasticity; Elasticity is maintained after years of constant immersion; Reduces maintenance cost; Economical, fast set-up, Easily applied; Will elongate over 1,500% without elasticity damage.
CLEAN UP: Equipment and brushes may be cleaned up by using suitable solvents such as mineral spirits. Care should be used in handling these solvents.
AVAILABLE IN 54 GALLON DRUMS DO NOT ALLOW TO FREEZE